- What do I need to bring for the DIY service?
- Do I save money by arranging my own flowers?
- I’ve never arranged flowers and am not very artistic! How will I be able to create a quality arrangement?
- Can I order a custom arrangement?
- How can I sign up for your Texting Service and what does it involve?
- What is the minimum age requirement for Children's Birthday Parties?
- How do I care for my flowers once I have brought them home or have received them as a gift?
A: Absolutely nothing! All that is required is your imagination and creativity. We will supply you with our Florist Basket, which contains an apron, floral bucket, and all industry tools and supplies needed. iPads displaying our DIY iBook are also available which demonstrates steps involved for creating various types of floral arrangements.
A: Yes! By preparing and arranging your own flowers, you are eliminating labour costs that contribute to a higher overall price of arrangements created by an experienced florist. By utilizing our DIY service, you are simply paying for the cost of flowers YOU select, not the costs associated with design and labour. Assistance from a trained staff member is always free.
A: An experienced Floral Designer is always available to assist you in our DIY Floral Studio and will guide you in completing your first arrangement. The best part about arranging flowers is the fact that flowers are already beautiful without you having to do anything to them. The art of Floral Design is based on various techniques and skills which you will develop over time. Each time you visit the shop, you will learn new tricks of the trade and gain confidence in your abilities.
A: Yes! Custom orders can be ordered over the phone where you can speak with a florist to ensure you receive exactly what you want. Please refer to In Our Coolers to view product availability.
A: Simply call in to register for our texting service by providing one of our staff members with your Name, Phone number, Email and Credit Card Number (leaving out the last 4 digits) . You will also be asked to provide your card's Expiry date and 3 digit security code. Please note: Make My Day Flowers does not store Customer's Complete Credit Card Information for Security Reasons. Once you are ready to place your first order by text, text us the recipients full name, phone number, address and budget for the arrangement along with the last 4 digits of your credit card. Texts may be sent 24/7 however a confirmation text will be sent out only during business hours. Once your order has been created, you will receive a picture of your arrangement by text. We will then complete the sale and email you a receipt if requested, along with confirmation of delivery.
A: Children over the age of 8 due to the fact that they have developed the proper skills to safely use the various tools required to create a floral arrangement.
A: There are three basic rules in caring for your flowers:
- Change the water every 1-2 days. This prevents build-up of bacteria in the water, which can cause the flowers to wilt. Use lukewarm water for most flowers. A trained staff member will always provide you with tips on how to keep your flowers looking their best!
- Re-cut stems every 1-2 days to ensure there is a clear passageway for water to travel up to the flower. Trim a small amount of the stem (preferably with a sharp pairing knife or floral snips) and cut at a 45 Degree angle to allow for a larger surface area for the stem to drink. Insert stem back into water as soon as possible to prevent air from blocking the passageway. Be sure to remove excess foliage (leaves) that may now fall below the water line as this can result in rapid bacteria growth.
- Keep flowers in a cool area of your home, away from large electronics/appliances that may put off heat.
The better you care for your flowers once they leave the shop, the longer your flowers will remain beautiful!
If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us by phone, email or in person.